UF|IFAS International Awards
In accordance with UF's strategic goal for internationalizing the campus across all mission areas, the UF|IFAS Administration has established six annual awards for UF|IFAS faculty, Extension professionals, and staff, each with different eligibility criteria:
- UF|IFAS Early Career International Research Fellow Award recognizes early career faculty members in research (anytime pre-tenure or less than 7 years since hire into their academic career for non-tenure track).
- UF|IFAS International Research Fellow Award recognizes outstanding international career accomplishments by mid to late career faculty members (anytime post tenure or at least 7 years in their academic career for non-tenure track).
- UF|IFAS Award for Internationalizing Extension recognizes 100% Extension appointment faculty (agents) for their contributions to building an international dimension into their Extension program.
- UF|IFAS Early Career International Educator Award recognizes early career faculty members in education through teaching and mentoring (anytime up to 5 years post-tenure or less than 10 years since hire into their academic career for non-tenure track).
- UF|IFAS International Educator Award recognizes outstanding international career accomplishments in education through teaching and mentoring by mid to late career faculty members (anytime five years or more post tenure or more than 10 years in their academic career for non-tenure track).
- UF|IFAS Award for Excellence in Support of Internationalizing Student Education recognizes staff for their contributions to supporting teaching efforts and international students at UF. The top IFAS winner will represent IFAS in the UF International Educator Awards – Staff Award category.
Each awardee will receive $500 and will be recognized at the annual Future of Food Forum hosted by the Global Food Systems Institute.
CALS will recognize the top ranked individual and the top two ranked submissions will represent IFAS in the UF International Educator Awards – Junior Educator Award category.
CALS will recognize the top ranked individual and the top two ranked submissions will represent IFAS in the UF International Educator Awards – Senior Educator Award category.
How to Apply
Please go to the following website: https://ufresearch.infoready4.com/#ifas to upload nomination materials. Self-nominations are allowed. All nominations must be submitted through this website and are due on March 6, 2023. The information requested includes:
The awards committee will consider nominations in light of the contributions and their impact on students, international partners, university stakeholders, and/or the nominee's discipline. Highlight accomplishments within the past five years. The awards committee will look for the extent to which the nominee’s research has made a significant and recognized contribution to knowledge about international issues or has been carried out in collaboration with international partners; the extent to which the nominee’s teaching has significantly contributed to student learning and engagement with international issues; or the extent to which the nominee’s efforts have contributed substantially in support of UF’s global engagement.
Please include the following information (7 page limit - one pdf file):
- Page 1: Cover page generated as part of the submission process. Nominee name, unit, location, email, phone number, budgeted appointment split, and years in current position/rank), and award category.
- Pages 2-3: CV in support of nomination.
- Pages 4-5: Narrative of the international accomplishments of the IFAS faculty or staff that addresses the areas as appropriate for the given award. Selection of finalists will be based on international contributions in their assigned responsibilities as outlined below.
- Pages 6-7: Letter of support (e.g., supervisor or unit leader)
- UF|IFAS Early Career International Research Fellow Award
- UF|IFAS International Research Fellow Award
Describe how the nominee has made significant international contribution(s) to the discipline. What are the impacts of the international research activities of the nominee? Contributions could include international publications.
- UF|IFAS Award for Internationalizing Extension
Describe how the nominee's international activities contribute to the Extension mission at the county, state, national, or international level with respect to stakeholder interests. What are the impacts of the international extension programs that were developed and implemented by the nominee in their region or elsewhere? Describe how the nominee has developed innovative globally-focused extension programs based on stakeholders needs.
- UF|IFAS Early Career International Educator Award
- UF|IFAS International Educator Award
Describe the nominee’s contributions to international education at UF. Describe how the nominee includes international topics in their courses. What are the impacts of the international courses or programs that were developed and implemented by the nominee? Has the nominee developed courses that are delivered in other countries? Participated in or developed study abroad courses? Received international awards for teaching efforts?
- UF|IFAS Award for Excellence in Support of Internationalizing Student Education
Describe how the nominee contributes to campus efforts to further internationalization across UF|IFAS mission areas. How does the nominee contribute to international student or program success? Describe committees or extracurricular activities the nominee contributes to that support UF’s international efforts.
Upon submission, nominees will receive an immediate email confirmation. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Greg MacDonald email@example.com. For technical issues concerning the website contact Brian Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.